- ¾ cup bloody butcher cornmeal
- ¾ cup white or wheat flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 to 6 Tbsp. Honey, Hickory Syrup, or Dandelion Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add milk, honey, egg, and butter and mix well.
- Grease pan with butter before Baking.
- Add ingredients to the pan or pre-heated cast iron skillet and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the center of cornbread bounces back when
you touch it.
***Traditional Cornbread recipe is the same as above except we
completely omit the white flour and use all cornmeal, and no sugar.
Also great with Hickory or Dandelion Syrup drizzled on top!